You can restrict your employees to clock in/out within the work location. If you send your employees to client locations, you can make sure they are clocking in/out at the scheduled locations.
Note: Before you enable location restriction, make sure all the work locations you schedule have a proper address set. The address will be used for location restriction and without it, employees will not be able to clock in/out.
- Locations: If you use Locations as a physical place of work, go to Settings > Locations and set address to each locations.
- Job sites: If you use Job Sites, go to Settings > Job Sites and set address to each job site.
Enable location restriction
- Go to Settings.
- Under TIME & ATTENDANCE, click Time Clock.
- Select Allow clock in only within 100 meters from location.
- If you want to apply location restriction for both clock in and out, select clock in and out from the drop-down.
- If required, change the maximum distance from the scheduled location an employee can clock in/out. We recommend at the least 100m to take into account GPS accuracy.
- Click Save.
Note: Location based restrictions are applied only when employees clock in using Staffvelox mobile app, not via web browser. Also its applied only at clock in and out, not continuously during the shift.