Use open shifts, if you want your employees to pick up shifts instead of directly assigning them. You will get notification when your employees pick up open shifts.
Create open shifts
Create open shifts just like how you create normal shifts. You can enter required number of employees in Count field.
- Employee View: Click on a cell in Open Shifts row.
- Position View: Click on a cell and select Open Shift in Employee drop-down.
- Month View: Click on a cell and select Open Shift in Employee drop-down.
Notify your employees
Publish the schedule to notify your employees. We’ll send notification to the employees who satisfy the following conditions.
- They are assigned to the location of the open shift.
- They are assigned to the position of the open shift.
- They shouldn’t have any shift that overlaps the open shift.
By default, open shifts are assigned to employees on a first come first serve basis when they pick up. If you would like to review who picked the shift and assign them after your approval, enable Open shift pickups require manager approval in Settings –> Preference.
If you enable approval, more number of employees can pick up the shift than required. Once you approve the required number of employees, all other requests will be marked as denied.
To approve an open shift pick up request:
- Go to Requests –> Open Shifts tab.
- Click an open shift request.
- Click Approve or Deny.